Request for endorsed academic transcript and duplicate degree certificate
Please note that the new transcript policy does not apply to current or registered students who have not yet had their degree classification approved.
It also does not apply to Research students.
Current students and students undertaking research-based degree programmes (PhD, MRes) should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an official copy of your academic record.
Current students may obtain a hard copy of their Academic Transcript by visiting the ASC, 79 North Street, at any time.
From 2010 all graduating Undergraduate and Taught Postgraduate students will receive five free copies of a HEAR document at their graduation ceremony. Once graduated, should alumni require additional transcripts to be sent to them, or forwarded to a company/institution, they should follow the instructions for ordering and paying for transcripts below.
Requests for endorsed academic transcripts
The Academic Registry can provide all alumni (graduates and non-graduating former students) with copies of their Academic Transcript. An Academic Transcript will provide the following information and provides a link to an explanation of the appropriate grading system.
- The modules/classes which have been taken in each year of study.
- Any credits transferred in or gained as part of an exchange programme.
- The assessment and reassessment (as appropriate) grades for each module/class.
- The total number of credits gained in each module taken and in each year of study.
- The total number of ECTS credits gained in each module taken and in each year of study (where applicable).
- The degree awarded and degree classification (where applicable).
- Pre-1995 only - rank received and result.
- HEAR transcripts contain further information.
Please note: Detailed descriptions of non-St Andrews courses/modules will not be shown. These should be obtained from the relevant institution.
The University charges a fee of £13 for one single endorsed transcript and £25 for a batch of ten endorsed transcripts.
These fees apply to all former students and graduates.
How to order and make payment
Orders for endorsed Academic Transcripts will not be issued until payment has been received in full. Your order and payment can be made here.
If you require your transcripts to be sent to more than one address please email email@example.com with the additional addresses, including your order number, once you have placed the order and made payment.
Please note that you should normally allow at least three working days from receipt of your application for your transcript to be produced.
Duplicate Degree Certificates
Duplicate Degree Certificates cost £30.00, orders and payment can be made here. When completing the order please provide the following details:
- Name in full (maiden name if now married).
- Student ID number (if known).
- Date of birth.
- Degree and year of graduation/completion of programme.
- Address to which you wish the degree certificate posted.
Once confirmation of the payment has been received, your duplicate degree certificate will be processed and dispatched.
If you have any queries about the information published on this page then please contact the Registry Office using the details at the top of this page.