University Loan Fund 2017-18
The University can provide a University Loan to students when they have a temporary cash flow problem and have no access to any other funding.
All matriculated students are eligible to apply.
All students are required to attend an interview with a Student Services Adviser prior to completing an application form. Access to the online Application will be via the Scholarships and Funding Section on MySaint after interview. Students can apply more than once during the academic year. Students are required to enter their bank details via MySaint for any possible payment.
Any student who has difficulty with any stage of the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Students can make an appointment by either contacting the ASC or the Reception at Eden Court
Face-to Face – The ASC, North Street
Reception, Eden Court, The Scores
T: 01334 462020
ALL STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE
- Bank Statement
- A copy of their most recent bank statement showing 1 month’s transactions - this can be an online statement but must show the bank's logo and the student's name. We cannot accept Excel spreadsheets. If you have more than one account, statements from all your accounts are required and must be merged into one PDF document before being uploaded.
- Supporting Statement
- All students must provide a written statement in support of their application providing details of their financial situation. All information given will be treated in strictest confidence.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The University Court has delegated to Student Services the power to make awards from the University Loan fund. The Student Services Adviser’s decision on any application is final. If you are unhappy with the decision and wish to make a complaint, email The Director of Student Services email@example.com
- All applicants will attend an interview.
- Applicants may be required to produce evidence of need.
- University Loans are interest free but must re-paid by the agreed date, or late fees can be applied. For Failure to Pay Policy - https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/media/finance/documents/Failure%20to%20Pay%20Policy%20last%20reviewed%206%20August'15.pdf
- Although the information given on the application form is confidential to Student Services you should be aware that the University’s auditor may also have access to this information.
- Students who are in debt to the University may not be permitted to matriculate, graduate or submit their postgraduate thesis.
The information on the application form has been completed to the best of my knowledge. I understand that my application to the University Loan Fund will be made on the basis of the information provided. I understand that receipt of a University Loan this academic session does not guarantee that such a University Loan will be automatically available to me again. I agree to repay the University Loan by the agreed repayment date.
I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions.
I understand that should I have intentionally provided inaccurate information that I may be subject to the University’s Non-Academic Misconduct Policy (Students). Action may be taken to recover any award made to me and I may not be permitted to matriculate or graduate until the award is recovered. I note that I will become ineligible to receive an award if I take a Leave of Absence or withdraw from my course. I confirm that I will notify Student Services of any changes in my circumstances via email E: firstname.lastname@example.org